* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 cup white sugar
* 3 eggs
* 1/4 cup molasses
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
* 3/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugar, eggs, and molasses. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg; mix into egg mixture to form a stiff dough.
3. Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a roll the length of the cookie. Place rolls on cookie sheet, and pat down to flatten the dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
5. When cool enough to touch, cut into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Place sliced biscotti on cookie sheet, and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until toasted and crispy.