little messy missy

little messy missy

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Clothes pin and yes I am crazy!



Yesterday I sat in the middle of our king-size bed cutting and gluing.I had tiny strips of fabric everywhere and I will admit it was a huge mess. The reason for this pile of hodgepodge was simple or at least simple in my mind. You see I tend do a lot of laundry and I like to hang things up to dry. Not only am I helping the environment but also my pocket book and I am saving wear and tear on my clothes (I like crisp sheets too). I use a lot of wooden clothes pins, so being a little crazy I decided to make the clothes pins something pretty to look at too. Now while hanging up clothes or removing a clothes pin from the top of my potato chips bag my eyes can be happy. See I said I was crazy! The best part of this tale is when my hubby got up from sitting on the bed )wonder why in the hell is his wife putting fabric on clothes pins) his backside was covered in little strips of flowers, pok-a-dots and stripes....he still doesn't know why I was laughing!

2 comments:

LemonyRenee' said...

I think this is charming, and I just might join you in your madness. I, too, hang a lot of laundry out and would love to look at something more cheerful than unfinished wood. I once bought a package of pretty, pastel-colored plastic ones, but, alas, they are not tight enough. Thanks for such a fun idea.

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh, I have a slew of clothespins all pretty and designer like! I use mine in my office and on chip bags...I never thought to use cloth. Hmm. Next time. I used pretty paper and put a coat of glossy podging glue over top, to seal the deal. I was loving them so much, I boxed them up in a pretty tin, and gave them as gifts. Very eco ...and charming! So I share your affinity for these practical tools, all prettied up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails