little messy missy

little messy missy

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dora The Explorer Shoes and Spider Woman!


Dora The Explorer Shoes and Spider Woman!

I am short. I am 4 foot and 11 ½ inches tall and have very small feet. (The ½ being very important!) That being said, I went shoe shopping. The choices were limited to say the least. As I passed the rows of beautiful heels and strappy clogs I ended up as always in the kid’s isle. One can only have so many pairs of “Mary Jane’s” …and lets not even talk about the little girl choices when it comes to tennis shoes.( Cinderella, Snow White, Dora the Explorer…) My shoe size is a 3 and finding shoes is a task that cannot be done in a single weekend. The last several years I have just ordered little boys Converse on line but I soooo long for a pair of sexy black boots that go up to my knees! I ended up finding little girl Converse that had kitty cats on, and I love cats so it all ended well. Another down fall of being short is trying to reach anything above the bottom shelf in any cupboard in my house. My 6 year old nephew stood silently today and watched me put away the clean dishes. I climbed the counter with ease and moved around like some kind of limber extinct animal. I can even unload the dishwasher without sliding down from my perch. When I was done he smiled and asked if I was part Spider Woman and of course I told him yes! Really I am a runner and genetics were favorable to me when it comes to being flexible. So Spider Woman is going to go put on her “Dora the Explorer Shoes” and go for a run!

1 comment:

Chickens in the Basement said...

You are very funny! I'll check my nieces dress up clothes to see if she has any plastic sexy high heeled boots in a size 3. if she does, I'll pop them in the mail to you!

Anna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails