little messy missy

little messy missy

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sigh...

It is canning season!!! So far all I have done is pickles and jelly, but boy, time is racing by. School started last week so back to work I went. This year the class has 11 boys and 1 girl. In a traditional classroom that would be a problem but not in Functional Skills. Each new face comes with such a great personality, I cant wait to see their progression throughout the school year.
Most of my days I am at school, in the garden or kitchen or can be found at my art desk. I seem to be sitting there at all hours of the night. Later this week I will put some pics up. My daughter is a senior this year and my son is a sophomore, I feel like they are so close to becoming adults that it scares me. It scares me to think they don't need me as much.
 Dill pickles.
My art desk.

4 comments:

jillytacy said...

I think your kids will still need you even though they are getting older. They are being more independent because you've taught them well and they're ready to be more self sufficient. Even so they will always need their mom. It sounds like you've got a group of kids at school who really need you too.

Anonymous said...

missy you are one busy girl...
the pickles look great :D
miss my mom's canning since she's gone...i didn't acquire that skill
didn't realize you were in the school system ~ do you teach?
i'm a former bus driver, now sit @ a desk and dispatch for 55 vans and buses...we transport special needs students...
have a great week!
~victoria~

val said...

I love that you make pickles...my mom always did and they are so yummy!
As for your family...I feel the same way but our kids are in 8th and 10th grade so you've got a few years on me. I am not looking forward to being an empty nester........

Unknown said...

Is your desk in the kitchen now???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails