little messy missy

little messy missy

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Damn Bird....

Monday, while in the car going to pick up my kids from school, the story begins...
I had a day filled with house cleaning and  was dressed in sweats, flip flops, sweat shirt and my hair was piled into a nice big old bun on top of my head, the best clothes for cleaning. When I looked at the clock and noticed it was time to pick up my children from their long day at school, I grabbed 2 out of the 3 kids I was tending (the littlest one was napping with Uncle Todd), and quickly piled everyone into the car. Off we went.  When we turned the corner what pray tell did my little eye spy but a CHICKEN in the middle of someone's front yard. I quickly pulled over knowing damn well I also have a Rhodle Island Red and this looked like her. I turned off the car, locked the kids inside and took off like a mad woman trying to catch her. She would come really close and take off and I swear she knew what she was doing. My toes were exposed in the 4 inches of snow and the bun was bouncing, threating to spill out from on top of my head. I made a grab at her and missed but got a good look at her: she was NOT mine!!! I wasted a good 10 minutes chasing someone elses chicken.... I bet I looked so sexy!!!!
Have a laugh on me and my cold little toes.
When I got back to the car the kids were laughing their heads off at me...damn bird!!

16 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

You funny girl. The kids had the right idea. Doesn't it always happen that way when you out the house looking like that. I do it too.

Pam @ Frippery said...

Too funny, er I mean, Oh poor you! Thanks for the chuckle.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nothing's funnier than someone trying to catch a chicken! Except someone in flip flops.

Sharon said...

LOL! The visual on that was pretty bleep good!

Becca's Dirt said...

On my post today you said you are sewing on your grandmothers '68 kenmore machine. I have one of those though not sure of the year but I could not figure out how to thread and wind the bobbin. I gave up and bought this one. Do you know how I could identify the year or model# on the machine and find a book? This one belonged to my grandmother and I want to pass it down to my daughter and granddaughter. Wouldn't that be neat my granddaughter having my gandmothers machine.

jillytacy said...

That's too funny! Your chickens certainly provide more than eggs. They provide entertainment for the neighborhood and your blogger friends!

Crazy Amy said...

great story but I'm sure not so great to actual do. I have a love hate with chickens for similar reasons!

Jeanne said...

Now that would've been something to see! :0)

Mya said...

These are the kind of memories that stay with us forever. You have given those kids a great story to retell, and retell. Wondewr what the chicken is telling her family about the crazy lady that was chasing her.

LemonyRenee' said...

LOL! You painted quite the picture!! Glad I'm not the only one things like this happen to.

Thanks for the fun. Happy new year?!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I wonder what the owners were thinking!
<><

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I would have gotten it home and discovered it wasn't mine and the cops would have coming a calling! You are a funny girl, Missy! Got a great visual from your description! Hope your cold little toes are warmer!

Wildflowerhouse said...

I can't stop laughing. Oh Missy you have made my day. I am sorry, but I can't stop laughing!

Unknown said...

I love this story....reading it made me laugh all over again.....

temaire said...

lol! I love your stories of your life! I can picture the whole thing! lol, lol, lol

BadPenny said...

Rhode Island Reds are just the worst for escaping & recatching - my Ruby keeps getting out. I greeted my mother in law just arrived for Christmas with Ruby tucked under my arm having been retrieved from my neighbour's garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails