little messy missy

little messy missy

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ladies Pinned In, New Front Perennial Bed and Hail Baby Hail...

We did it! Two words, chicken run!  Boy oh boy are the ladies pissed. My hubby put up a nice big chicken run last weekend so this year we won't have to fence the garden and watch the chickens devour my perennial beds and herb garden...and you don't even want to know what they did to the pond plants!
This is a picture of my Silkie Bantam and my Malaysia Serama.
I have put in a new perennial bed in the front yard. There are three trees in it but the are only about a foot tall so you can't see them yet. (Mr. Sparkles McGee photo bombed!)
I made these hammered copper plant labels for my herb garden. Very easy to do. I bought the plain white plastic ones and painted them with Rust-Oleum Hammered Copper paint. Then used a black sharpie marker to write the plant names on them and then used a waterproof spray Lacquer to seal them. I love the way they turned out and they are a hell of a lot cheaper then the real copper ones at the garden stores!

Last but not lest we had a whopper of a hail storm, luckily my daughter had the camera and ran outside to snap some pictures! It lasted for about an hour.
It is snowing today and the sun is out...creepy! Can't wait to get the veggies out of my house and into the ground but around here you don't plant until after Mother's Day, that is unless you like frozen brown plants!

9 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Your flower beds are impressive and I love how you made your plant markers, plus those chickens are adorable. That hail storm sounded something else and I saw it snowed in Northern California, amazing! Have a great weekend and hope your weather lets you get out in the garden :)

Carol said...

Missy! Love those garden markers and you know what's weird? My garden marker handwriting is VERY similar to yours!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Mother's day is when I plant and I am ready! Love your tulips. I'm going to a poulrty show Saturday and will be bringing some new hens home!
<><

Chloe m said...

And I forgot to mention I love your chickens. Eggs, glorious, eggs.

Chloe m said...

Hail is a common humbler around here.

I am in-love with your plant markers. Very attractive!

Bunnym said...

Your little garden markers are fab...I gotta stop wanting to do everything I see on people's blogs...you all are way to creative for me and I can't keep up. Wonderful!

tootles,
bunny

Chickens in the Basement said...

It's hard to believe you are still coping with snow! How NOT FAIR is that? Your flower bed looks great! Hope it didn't freeze.

BadPenny said...

Poor grumpy chickens - I'm threatening mine too ! I love your plant name markers - might pinch your idea. Mum gave me lovely slate ones which you wrote on with chalk - but it wore off. If I can find them ( I only had four ) I'll use a marker pen.
Amazing storm...I'm not planting 'til the end of May just incase we get a late frost x

Yarni Gras! said...

oh! I love the plant stakes...great idea.

okay...another odd word verification.....inkiest. Hmm....what does THAT mean?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails