little messy missy

little messy missy

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Monster Calls...wow what a book!

Finished this book (work of art)... very difficult tale but very well written. If you dare pick up this book please read the back story of how it came to fruition. The illustrations are beyond beautiful in a scary sort of way but the pictures this story created in my mind will never leave me. I really did have nightmares the first night and I am not sure if it was the earache, Mexican food or this story that truly crept inside my head and keep my heart racing all night. I finished this book in three days flat with one book of tissues needed. Excellent, dark and meaningful. The road the 13 year old boy must travel on was captured so well by Patrick Ness. Hats off to you sir!
xoxoxoxoxox 

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

So...will put this on my "to-read" list. But I think I might wait till Hubz is better to read it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails