little messy missy

little messy missy

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Art and Cup Cakes...

My hands have been busy... I am in several art swaps on swap-bot. I am having way to much fun. Truth be told it helps me stay balanced while working outside my home.


 Fire Element Artist Trading Card, mixed media.
 Mail me Art Swap, pen, colored pencils and oil pastel on a empty envelope.
 Tentacle Bookmark, wood burning and colored pencil.

My friend Melinda and I are making and selling the cutest Valentine cupcakes. She has a wicked Cricket machine and has been cutting out fondant hearts...fondant that tastes so good. We go a step further and put them in little boxes and gift wrap them. So cute!! I have tried a couple of different recipes and settled on two, red velvet with melt in your mouth cream cheese and butter frosting and a beautiful soft white cake with butter, cream cheese and a hint of cinnamon and cocoa frosting. We have sold around 60 cupcakes so far. Sunday we will get together back and decorate them. We got together and made samples so we know about how long it will take. Can't wait. If you have time check out her blog...way cool!


13 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a wonderful Valentine gift those cupcakes will be!

farmlady said...

Your "littles" are wonderful. You're a very good artist. The swapping sounds fun.
Those cupcakes are beautiful. They sound delicious and the containers are really cute.
What fun for Valentine's Day.

Unknown said...

our cupcakes rock....so does your new art!

Regena said...

Very cool for you guys!
Love the book mark!!

Mya said...

Cup cakes are the big thing right now, so your timing is great.
I love your art work - it is so free and spirited.

pchickki said...

I Love your ATC.
I am having an ATC Swap on my blog if you want to join just go leave a comment . Would love to have you play if you have the time.If not maybe next month.

Jeanne said...

Love your Art!

Callie Brady said...

Happy Valentine's Day! The cupcakes look beautiful. Bet they taste great too.

Sharon said...

I just have the little Cricut, made one Birthday card....

I hardly find time anymore to do any crafting. Maybe if I gave up my blog and FB........

Janet said...

I really like all the art pieces. I think the Mail Me one is my favorite. And those cupcakes....YUM!!

Crazy Amy said...

You are so talented and I sure wish I could have one of those cup cakes!! :D mmmm yummooo

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I just finished making coconut cupcakes, Missy! We each had two, oink, oink! Yours look delicious as well! Fun to do these projects! Happy Valentine's Day, Missy to you and your family!

jillytacy said...

You are so talented and they all look great! The cupcakes are almost too pretty to eat!
I'm glad you're finding a balance between work and home. I've been back at work for two and a half years and I still struggle with finding the balance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails