little messy missy

little messy missy

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Perfect Mother's Day!!!

For Mother's Day we had a dutch oven cook out. We made Buzzsaw's BBQ sauce over shredded chicken and Butt Stompin' BBQ sauce over shredded pork. We had chips, coleslaw, baked beans, cooler full of drinks and Costco's evil Chocolate cake!!! My side of the family came over and we lounged outside...
My children bought me a Horror Clix Game, and my hubby bought me a Plum tree! (They know me so well!)
Both of my sister's came with there little families and my mother and father too. 
Here is a funny picture of us girls two summers ago and twenty pounds heavier. We are somewhere in the high Uinta Mountains, fishing, camping and hiking! (Sorry, had to add a mountain picture because I have camping, hiking and backpacking on my mind... the mountains are calling me I can hear them!)

Life is good isn't it!

*Weather update- rain, rain and more rain. At least it is not snow. My plants are ready and are in the breezeway hardening off! We plan on planting Sunday! Woohoo!*

4 comments:

Bunnym said...

Love the names of the food...sounds so cowboyish...gotta tell my daughter...she's so into cowboy stuff. Nice pic of you and your sisters and a plum tree...that's totally cool. Have a good one.

bunny

Chickens in the Basement said...

Woohoo! Sounds like ya'll had a fun day! Ya'll must be getting all the rain. It all peters out before it gets to NC! We are already watering the garden and praying we won't wind up with drought conditions and water limitations!

DianeLynn said...

First thanks for visiting my blog...and I am throughly enjoying yours. I hear the calling of the mountains too!

Unknown said...

I planted on Sunday too....the garden is all in and I am excited to have it that way.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails