little messy missy

little messy missy

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rain And Puddles Of Drool!

It rained all night. A lot of the flowers have burst open this morning seeking the water. It finally feels like Spring to me.
 I have had my niece and nephew staying with me while their mother is out of town. My house being small and having the front room occupied by my daughter (recovering from getting her wisdom teeth out), they had to sleep in the computer room. The back door, fitted with a cat door, is in this room. We blew up the mattress and made a cute little bed for them and pushed it up against the back door. All was well and soon they drifted of into sleep. I was awoken by yelling at 3 a.m. I quickly ran from my room to where the kids had been sleeping... Hailey was sitting up with soaking wet hair and she was not happy. She was pointing to a huge wet spot between her and her little brother and proclaiming as loud as she could that she did NOT do this!! Apparently during the thunder storm, my 100 pound Golden Retriever was so scared that he stuck his head through the cat door, drooling all over the kids. (My nephew slept through all of this). The dog cried and cried but with the mattress up against the door I couldn't let him in. He was in a covered little patio but the door was open and swinging with the rain. I think Hailey ended up sleeping with her hand through the cat door on top of the dog's head and at 5:30 this morning I awoke them and started the showers. The dog was so happy to be inside he laid under the kitchen table and fell asleep. Me on the other hand will have piles of wet laundry to do and a bathroom to clean. Hurray for guard dogs...

Lara and guard dog (lap dog) camping Christmas Meadows, Upper Uinta Mountains, Utah 2009

6 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Poor baby was wet from the dog. Poor baby dog wanted to be inside. Poor momma has to wash so much. I am just messing with ya. I am wishing we could get some of that rain. Maybe on Saturday.

Chickens in the Basement said...

He is not a tiny dog! I know your house is full! Your poor daughter! Wisdom teeth out is not fun! There is only so much soup and ice cream you can eat!
Anna

Appalachian Lady said...

Lovely flowers--looks like spring to me too. My daffodils are done but the bleeding hearts are still going.

Bunnym said...

This is funny. What a way to be woken up. My daughter's 4 wisdom teeth will be coming out this summer...yikes! And your flowers are gorgeous...wish I took better pics. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

tootles,
bunny

Corner Gardener Sue said...

What a house full! I hope you got a nap in the next day.

Your blooms are beautiful! That second photo is a columbine, isn't it? I don't know if I've seen one that pretty pink color.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Your flowers are beautiful!I love spring.
<><

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails