little messy missy

little messy missy

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Transplating Seedlings and Naked Gardening...

So most of all the seeds I planted have sprouted and now have their second set of leaves which means time to conquer and destroy, not really, but separate, thin and re-pot. I thinned Baby's Breath, Zinnia's, Lupine, Pansy's, and Cone Flowers. My Viola's will need a little more time to sprout. Veggie's are growing nicely and no signs of fungus... it's all good. Now onto the naked gardening part. Naked gardening simply means gardening without gloves! Hahaha get your mind out of the compost! I only wear  gloves if pruning roses otherwise I am glove-less. I love the way the dirt feels in the fall, it is cold and heavy with moisture and in the spring it is alive and warm. Deep summer it is hot and I love to get my bare feet in it.Yes I am a dirty little girl!

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

Me too but there is usually hell to pay trying to get the dirt out under you nails.

Yarni Gras! said...

dang, my mind WAS in the compost....but in a good way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails