I am making pies for my hubby's birthday. I am making my Tipsy Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie. It is so good and so bad for you. It makes my house smell wonderful. Here is the recipe.
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees F).
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter or margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter or margarine melts and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly.Stir in pecans, and put chocolate chips in pie shell. Pour mixture into pie shell over the chocolate.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and golden. May be served warm or chilled.