little messy missy

little messy missy

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Not So Traditional Pysanky Egg!






It was snowing when I awoke again this morning. After morning chores, 2 loads of laundry and a breakfast with hubby I pulled out my Ukrainian Easter Egg stuff! I have some geese eggs and decided to use them as the back drop for some non-traditional pysanky egg art. I have a dozen or so traditional eggs but I love not following the rules so my eggs seem to be just as eclectic as me. I have some posted from about a year ago somewhere in this blog, some of my favorites are my art deco naked lady, Japanese cherry blossom tree and the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. My art today is a rooster and some art nouveau leaves. I did stick with the traditional black background because it makes the colors pop so well. The egg took about 4 hours to complete and I work backwards from the lightest color to black. I use a kistka with black bees wax layering the designs. At the end you slowly and carefully melt the wax off over a candle. I love it. Maybe tomorrow I will do some more.

2 comments:

Chicken Boys said...

Cool! I love the rooster!
~Randy

Chickens in the Basement said...

Those are pretty. I've never heard of this type of art. Let me know if you need some speckled brown chicken eggs. I can blow the yolks out for you!

Anna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails