little messy missy

little messy missy

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It is a fact!


Within the last two days my hen/rooster has a bright red comb and is now trying to crow! I have to admit sometimes he sounds a little like my 14 year old son... the voice can't seem to land on a solid note. It really is only a partial crow and it makes me laugh. The not so funny part is that he crows (or tries to) all hours of the day and NIGHT!! I have a very small and old (built in 1934) house and I can hear him in every room, and boy is Mr. Sparkles McGee (our alpha-male cat)interested- mind you not so much that he would get his furry bum of the couch but he does turn an ear. Our other cat, Ginger, is scared to death of any sudden movements they make and our golden retriever could care less! It will be quite awhile before they can go outside, so for now I will not only look forward to my coffee pot waking me up in the morning I will also have the chicken crowing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails