little messy missy

little messy missy

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Been awhile...


It has been awhile since I have written anything. I have popped in a lot to read what others are doing in their lives but haven't really wanted to write anything. I seem to have a great many things on my mind and just seem to be going in circles with each of them. I have finished gathering sage and sweet grass and the garden is put to bed for the winter. This year's harvest was beautiful and abundant. My husband has been busy with very sick people at work and when he is home is busy finishing Lara's room in the basement. Both kids are busy with school, orchestra, band, scouts, NLA, dances etc. I feel sometimes as if I am the behind the scene director of a magnificent play that I don't ever really get to see. I am the one who pushes for the homework to be done, dishes cleaned, dog walked, etc and I never get to really see the final production. I don't really mind sitting in the directors chair, just sometimes it seems to get a little mundane. I still feel the desire to go somewhere and do something. I really wanted to complete a "Vision Quest" with Todd this year but once again the seasons raced forward, leaving no time. I did take the opportunity to go with my two sisters to Idaho. We took turquoise and rocks for my grandparents grave and walked around the little town square. We had lunch at a cafe and thrift shopped in every dive we could find. We stopped for coffee and pie at the Pie Dump. We had a great day and it helped soothe my need to wander. Last Friday I wandered. It was wonderful. I went to the place I often go and watched the birds and gathered sweet grass and it made my soul feel full. Back to the "Vision Quest"... I may try and do it alone but in the company of my loving family over this holiday season. I don't know if that is possible but it may be the only way I get one in before the new year. All is well at the Bowman's, all is warm, comfortable and filled with love.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails