little messy missy

little messy missy

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

To Do Lists..... the ones that shout from the inside!


What a powerful voice my list of things to do has,
but today I will NOT straighten the towels,
I will not pick up the couch pillows repeatedly,
I will not close the kitchen cabinets that once again and magically have been opened.
Just one day without my head telling me to move the hoses, switch the laundry, go to the gym, and close the back door.
Today I will be still inside. I will not miss the laughter my family offers me. I will not be blind to their simple expression of love and comfort. I will walk to the park instead of running 3 miles to nowhere. I will allow my plates and cups to see sunlight,the laundry may pile and the grass may yellow a bit, and the bathroom towels may end up on the floor if not straightened but, I will be steadfast still inside. The driven thoughts will not get in today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails