little messy missy

little messy missy

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Baby Banty


Today I was at the farm store buying food for the ladies (hens) and I asked the person helping me if they new where I could get a Bantam (Banty) chick. She shocked me by saying they had one in the back that someone had special ordered (in egg) and still had not picked it up. The individual was planning on raising it as a show bird, but guess who got to bring it home. Bantam chickens are 1/2 to 1/4 size of a normal chicken. They even lay the most beautiful miniature eggs. The one I took home today is 3 days old and looks a lot like a Peep you get at Easter. It is soft and yellowish white and so cute. I hope it is a hen but the wing tips are getting too fluffy to tell so I won't be sure for awhile. I have always wanted a Banty and am so lucky to have found one. (Kaylee is going die when she sees it!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails