little messy missy

little messy missy

Friday, January 23, 2009

Beautiful Gray Day


Today is a beautiful gray day.
As I stand at my kitchen window, hands steeped in dish water, watching the birds and listening to the drier and heater fighting to be the loudest, I am reminded to be grateful. Grateful for the legacy that has brought my sweet companion to me and grateful for the two greatest gifts Mother Nature could possibly entrust me with. I am grateful for our small and comfortable home whose walls encircle us with stillness and peace. Windows made from glass long ago standing guard keeping harsh winds out. I am grateful for rich soil that provides nourishment and our strong hands and arms to provide the labor necessary to cultivate it. Hens that feed my family and cats that purr to comfort. I am grateful for this beautiful gray day. Grateful I am forced to stand at the kitchen window with my hands steeped in dish water.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails